About Me

I'm one of those people you sometimes hear about on the news or hear people making fun of at the water cooler after watching a certain trashy reality show. I hoard. I'm afraid of my back porch. I have OCD. No one has been allowed to visit my home in a decade. I want to change that while somehow attempting to help others like me find the tools they need to overcome this humiliating disorder and perhaps give a little insight to those that think it is something to laugh at. I would also like to host a dinner party. This is my squalor recovery. My journey begins here.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sick or Allergic?

Ugh! I've been sidelined by this cold or allergy outbreak or perhaps both.  I've slept the last three-four nights because I feel like absolute crap.  I think it's a cold from the windstorm last week aggravated by the dust I've been stirring up during cleaning attempts and the mold and ragweed in the outside air this week. 

Bags out - none.
Bags filled - several.
Estimate - check (going with a cleaning service that will do the whole job for $5,000)
Certificate of Insurance - forthcoming
Revised quote (that says the haul away is included in the price) - forthcoming
Lightbulbs purchased - check
Paths cleared - in progress
Cat staying elsewhere - check

I'm so tired but I can't wait to get my life back.  I really hope the tuck-pointing crew is done by then.  And I hope even more that Annie Wilkes stays away during all this. I just want my life back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment